Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1

    Default You tube buffering is slow

    incredibly slow, slower than slow, and when i say slow i mean slow. it takes almost 20 minutes to buffer an 8 minute video. i havent changed anything on my computer so whats the deal???? is it me or it is you tube????


  2. #2

    Default

    and its been going this slow since last night for me. before that it was working great


  3. #3
    Chatmaster Wannabe
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Button Moon
    Posts
    15,544

    Default

    Youtube's working fine for me ... so maybe it is you





    Sεx is like a game of bridge; if you don't have a good partner,
    you better have a
    good hand.


  4. #4

    Default

    well, now if someone can find a solution to my problem i can live in peace. any ideas, chesty?


  5. #5

    Default

    its probably *******.

    its getting owned right now by traffic from mj fans

  6. #6

    Default

    excessive traffic as mentioned...or update your flash from www.adobe.com
    Usurping Threads Since 2004

  7. #7

    Default

    i updated flash and its still buffering slow so what else could it be???


  8. #8

    Default

    I'm no computer nerd but if it's not youtube (although as Krass has said there's a lot of traffic on youtube) I take it your comp/laptop isn't bogged down with software slowing it up?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHERRYPIE View Post
    I'm no computer nerd but if it's not youtube (although as Krass has said there's a lot of traffic on youtube) I take it your comp/laptop isn't bogged down with software slowing it up?
    i considered that too, but as it is just over a month old, not showing any viruses or spyware, and im pretty sure the only thing ive installed on it aside from windows is itunes, i dont know what could be causing the problem. everything else seems to be running at peak performance, so i thought thered be a very specific thing that needs to be changed.

    also, i have the same problems with buffering on some other sites, but then no problems on others, so its all a big mystery to me.


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Pax View Post
    i considered that too, but as it is just over a month old, not showing any viruses or spyware, and im pretty sure the only thing ive installed on it aside from windows is itunes, i dont know what could be causing the problem. everything else seems to be running at peak performance, so i thought thered be a very specific thing that needs to be changed.

    also, i have the same problems with buffering on some other sites, but then no problems on others, so its all a big mystery to me.
    I maybe way out here Sick Pax but could it be a reaction of some kind with itunes and youtube and the other sites you're having problems with? TBH I'm clutching at straws I know, the only other thing I canm think of is asking the dealer you bought it from.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHERRYPIE View Post
    I maybe way out here Sick Pax but could it be a reaction of some kind with itunes and youtube and the other sites you're having problems with? TBH I'm clutching at straws I know, the only other thing I canm think of is asking the dealer you bought it from.
    yea, i dont think thats it because itd have itunes on for weeks and it was never a problem until 2 days ago. thanks though. ill call best buy should the issue not resolve itself, and probably kill someone for selling me a computer that screwed up so quickly


  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Pax View Post
    yea, i dont think thats it because itd have itunes on for weeks and it was never a problem until 2 days ago. thanks though. ill call best buy should the issue not resolve itself, and probably kill someone for selling me a computer that screwed up so quickly

    Sounds like a plan hope you get it resolved without having to kill the poor sap.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MY HOUSE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    :O poor thing i bet its ur anti virus thats slowing it down what anti virus are u using or check ur proxy settings that could be it happens to me all da time

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mod View Post
    :O poor thing i bet its ur anti virus thats slowing it down what anti virus are u using or check ur proxy settings that could be it happens to me all da time
    yee ok sun
    shiiiieeet


  15. #15
    Not even a newbie yet...
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aussiee
    Posts
    31

    Default

    you could have gone over your download limit, did you check that ?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshoh View Post
    you could have gone over your download limit, did you check that ?
    theres a download limit?


  17. #17
    Not even a newbie yet...
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aussiee
    Posts
    31

    Default

    When you sign up to your internet plan, you will pay like:
    $50 a month for 8 gb etc... if you have been watching heaps of videos and downloading things you could have gone over the limit therefore slowing down your internet till the month clocks over and it resets.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshoh View Post
    When you sign up to your internet plan, you will pay like:
    $50 a month for 8 gb etc... if you have been watching heaps of videos and downloading things you could have gone over the limit therefore slowing down your internet till the month clocks over and it resets.
    lol @ $50 for 8gb
    most of us have unlimited internet here

    anyway like michael said it's probably just traffic i constantly get horrible buffer speed on youporn and have to switch to badjojo

    most of these big video sites, definitely youtube, have different servers for the videos, you're probably on one that's being owned by traffic and some other people are lucky enough to have the ones not being owned

    and if the other site you said you're having problems with is youporn then let me be the one to tell you find a new site that shit is horribly unreliable



  19. #19
    Not even a newbie yet...
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aussiee
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    lol @ $50 for 8gb
    most of us have unlimited internet here

    anyway like michael said it's probably just traffic i constantly get horrible buffer speed on youporn and have to switch to badjojo

    most of these big video sites, definitely youtube, have different servers for the videos, you're probably on one that's being owned by traffic and some other people are lucky enough to have the ones not being owned

    and if the other site you said you're having problems with is youporn then let me be the one to tell you find a new site that shit is horribly unreliable
    i was just using $50 as an example, and yes i also have unlimited but after a certain amount it will usually slow down.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    313

    Default


    [/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Pax View Post
    i updated flash and its still buffering slow so what else could it be???

    Just hold tight and wait for MJ fans to die off.

    "Youre intoxicated by my very presence."



    -

    < T W I N Q E >

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1999-2014 - #1 Chat Avenue - Free chat rooms for adults, gays, kids, singles, teens and more.
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 AM.