Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Banned

I stopped writing poetry after I found out the truth. It's nothing more than a science, hence the poets we think are soulful are simply just mathematical linguist; cold and dead.

Art is simply the bending and twisting of nature into an artificial concept. I'm not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
    I stopped writing poetry after I found out the truth. It's nothing more than a science, hence the poets we think are soulful are simply just mathematical linguist; cold and dead.

Art is simply the bending and twisting of nature into an artificial concept. I'm not a fan.
    Intelligence itself is the abstraction of nature into understandable, artificial concepts... are you not a fan? Poetry is the result of applied linguistic intelligence -with a twist of emotion-, and since I like intelligent thought, I'm a fan. Now, just because you can -and must- simplify something into understandable abstractions to comprehend it, doesn't mean the object being reduced to abstractions is dismissable as artificial itself.
    Last edited by evil empire; 10-06-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    I'm singin' in the rain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by evil empire View Post
    Intelligence itself is the abstraction of nature into understandable, artificial concepts... are you not a fan? Poetry is the result of applied linguistic intelligence -with a twist of emotion-, and since I like intelligent thought, I'm a fan. Now, just because you can -and must- simplify something into understandable abstractions to comprehend it, doesn't mean the object being reduced to abstractions is dismissable as artificial itself.
    Poetry is not intelligent. It's simply faked and exaggerated emotion, hence why almost everyone considers themselves a poet, even when they lack the knowledge to be one. There is no point in being delusional.

Blog Entries

Poetry is freedom of expression. Eventhough as you say there is a science behind it, plenty of people find comfort in being able to write down their emotions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNeo View Post
    Poetry is freedom of expression. Eventhough as you say there is a science behind it, plenty of people find comfort in being able to write down their emotions.
    When they write for comfort, they write crap.

Mladic

poems, novels and all that crap is for anglo-saxons or stupid fucking women.
    Last edited by stonedleprechaun; 10-08-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Poetry is not intelligent. It's simply faked and exaggerated emotion, hence why almost everyone considers themselves a poet, even when they lack the knowledge to be one. There is no point in being delusional.
    Poetry is not intelligent? Disagreed. Unintelligent poetry is not intelligent, but intelligent poetry obviously is; don't get your facts backwards, there have been quite a few great poets in history and the most remarkable writers for this genre have exhibited, in most cases, at the very least, extremely high linguistic or expressive abilities, which are very related to intelligence itself.
    Last edited by evil empire; 10-08-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm singin' in the rain.

The irony is that your opinion of poets being delusional is exactly the same as our opinion of your posts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyEmpress View Post
    The irony is that your opinion of poets being delusional is exactly the same as our opinion of your posts.
    It's not opinion, it's just the definition you would find in a dictionary. Poetry is not something one writes from the heart, the beauty of poetry consists in its form.

It's not opinion, it's just the definition you would find in a dictionary. Poetry is not something one writes from the heart, the beauty of poetry consists in its form.
    It is opinion, because many people feel completely different from you about it.

It's ok to have a closed mind to such sophisticated ways of expression. When you have to form an opinion of poetry by reading a dictionary, how else is one going to judge it?

Just an idea of another POTW....

Perhaps poems about horror themes? (in advance for halloween). Like maybe horror movie plots, things like ghosts or vampires or something. Or just creepy experiences. I dunno, just thought I'd bat around some ideas.

Been working on exam for the end of November, and also couldn't get my brain to wrote poems.

Hopefully I'll do some future potw, but the exam is scary the be jesus out of me.

write about tree bark.
    And my uncle named Sam ****s with my cash
    takes it without asking while I'm busting my ass

Yay! Thanks to everyone who voted for me <3

hahha, I was gonna s***est making the next theme banned of rhyme! (which would kill me, cos I love rhyming).

But, after more thinking....Maybe a theme of home/your country, or an animal, or your most hated weather, or something that makes you amused/happy/cheerful.

I dunno, just thinking of random stuff.

Banned

I read a very depressing introduction to the philosophy of poetry. I can't write now without feeling inadequate.

Senior Newbie
    Blog Entries

How about a gender switch theme? Guys have to write like they're girls and girls write like they're like a guy. Masculinity vs. Femininity.
    "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." - S.V.R.

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Default For Poets!

As some of you already know, one of the features in this Forum is POTW(Poem Of The Week). If there are still some intersted in doing this, let me know. I will neither enter nor vote for fairness and, although I love Prose, Poetry, and Literature in general, I havn't the talent to write, but, like an editor, I do know WHAT does pass for good writing! I only ask that your works be original and apropos! Good Luck, Guys.
    Last edited by Boomerang; 07-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Forums Admin
    Right beside you eating your brain to gain your knowledge.

Hello, we already have a POTW discussion thread? Why did you make this one too? I am going to merge them.

Jenn
    Mike
    Forever & Always

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abriel View Post
    Hello, we already have a POTW discussion thread? Why did you make this one too? I am going to merge them.
    That's cool. I wanted to see if any were still interested and, if so, I think it's great! Thank you, Abriel.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast