Default Feedback on 18+ Chat Rooms

I visited your site for the first time yesterday and entered one of your 18+ chat rooms, including the messed up Gay chat. Shortly afterwards, I received a ban along with some trite threat.

Apparently, either one of your mods made a mistake or he/she misconstrued my behaviour. The login page states that a person MUST be 18+ in order to enter the room. Once I got in there, I was pretty alarmed: there were minors around as well as old men requesting to chat with kids. It's understandable if some of those potential offenders cannot be blocked (e.g. proxies etc), but the least that could be done is to block minors from these rooms who willingly enter it despite the 18+ rule.

I did the moral thing and directly PM'd two or three of those under-18 chatters and asked them to leave the chat room. Suddenly, one of your mods blocks me. The angering part is that he/she assumed I was doing something wrong while in fact the mods are deliberately exposing young people to online threats by refusing to remove them from 18+ chat rooms. I have two questions.

1) Why are underage persons not removed from 18+ chat rooms at first sight? It's not only unsafe for them, but their presence ruins the experience for many of the adults.

2) Are you not the least bit concerned that people might report chat-avenue.com and its administrators to the authorities for hosting 18+ chat rooms where minors are carelessly allowed to mix with potential kid abusers? If some of them are permitted in there as a way to trap the pedo bears, it's not going to work -- you're still putting them at risk. If some of are you playing cop and pretending to be kids, then that implies that, again, you're encouraging the mingling.

I recommend that you implement some sort of test question on the login page. Perhaps something that a younger person is unlikely to answer correctly. I understand it's impossible to keep track of everything that happens in chats these days, but until more is done to make the adult chats safer and more comfortable for everyone, the "Be sure to tell all your friends and families about us" ad will always sound scary. I've been un-banned, but returning to this sort of environment is not worth the frustration.

Thank you,

L DiMera

Hi there, I quickly scanned your text as I am certainly not going to sit here and read it all.(EDIT: I Actually read the whole thing by mistake...)
    There are test pages on pages like Kids chat which require you to enter your Date of birth but I don't think this happens in 18+ Rooms.
    I understand how you are feeling. Perhaps next time tell the moderator in the room about that person and they will take the action needed because I think they will rather listen to someone with a coloured name rather than a regular, please don't take this personally though.

Also, Please email the Administrator of the room.
    List of 18+ room Admins
    Cat - Adult Chat
    ... Well that's it really others are usually 13+ or 16+ rooms.

Private Message (PM) Cat with the following infomation as a guide
    The approximate time and date of your ban, Include your time zone
    Your IP address so you can be unbanned (At the administrators discretion)
    and The username you were using at the time of ban.

EDIT: And to answer your questions:
    1. Moderators do remove users that do not comply with the room age group, they might of been busy so you can always Private chat them
    2.... No answer
    When "Be sure to tell all your friends and families about us"​It means to reccomend people of the right age group
    Good luck
    Last edited by alan994; 03-23-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Spelling+Adding data

For starters…. NO ONE really knows how old anyone is online. Another thing, everyone is an “it”, unless you know the person personally, how do you really know if it’s male or female.

Moderators can’t read minds (thank God), unless a chatter has 12 F Poland as their nick, (the obvious under age) We don’t know for sure anyone’s age. Unless we ask. In adult chat where there’s 300-400 chatters removing the real idiots is more important than going through the list and asking everyone for their age. (Don’t forget you can lie about this)

This is the internet. Having codes and questions you think adults can answer…. Uh nvm, I will hold my thought there.

My s***estion to you is if you are in the room to chat, than chat. If you are here looking for love, wrong place dude or dudette, you will be mislead.

This Site as with any site on the internet, no one really knows what they are dealing with.

<3 June 29, 2013 <3

Boys Chat Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DiMera View Post
    I visited your site for the first time yesterday and entered one of your 18+ chat rooms, including the messed up Gay chat. Shortly afterwards, I received a ban along with some trite threat.

Apparently, either one of your mods made a mistake or he/she misconstrued my behaviour. The login page states that a person MUST be 18+ in order to enter the room. Once I got in there, I was pretty alarmed: there were minors around as well as old men requesting to chat with kids. It's understandable if some of those potential offenders cannot be blocked (e.g. proxies etc), but the least that could be done is to block minors from these rooms who willingly enter it despite the 18+ rule.

I did the moral thing and directly PM'd two or three of those under-18 chatters and asked them to leave the chat room. Suddenly, one of your mods blocks me. The angering part is that he/she assumed I was doing something wrong while in fact the mods are deliberately exposing young people to online threats by refusing to remove them from 18+ chat rooms. I have two questions.

1) Why are underage persons not removed from 18+ chat rooms at first sight? It's not only unsafe for them, but their presence ruins the experience for many of the adults.

2) Are you not the least bit concerned that people might report chat-avenue.com and its administrators to the authorities for hosting 18+ chat rooms where minors are carelessly allowed to mix with potential kid abusers? If some of them are permitted in there as a way to trap the pedo bears, it's not going to work -- you're still putting them at risk. If some of are you playing cop and pretending to be kids, then that implies that, again, you're encouraging the mingling.

I recommend that you implement some sort of test question on the login page. Perhaps something that a younger person is unlikely to answer correctly. I understand it's impossible to keep track of everything that happens in chats these days, but until more is done to make the adult chats safer and more comfortable for everyone, the "Be sure to tell all your friends and families about us" ad will always sound scary. I've been un-banned, but returning to this sort of environment is not worth the frustration.

Thank you,

L DiMera

If this happend in gay chat room please send me your IP along with time you were in the room and name you were using .

Also name of MODS that were in the room and I am sure you will remember all of this seeing you give a good picture of what was happening.

Please send me details in a private message also your age and what other rooms you entered be good to know the true facts
    They strain over gnats and swallow camels. They also cannibalize each other for power

always remember -- we owe them everything

Speechless

It's been said before and for some reason there's resistance to the idea. Register the users that frequent the chat rooms. Seems that Chat Avenue is only interested in huge numbers of guests on the site. The hit and runners,the flooders,the creeps won't bother coming back if they have to join the site but then the numbers visiting the rooms would fall. I wonder why the quality of the chat rooms is being ignored in favor of sheer numbers?
    If you have nothing good to say ,say nothing at all.

College Chat Mod
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_au_44 View Post
    It's been said before and for some reason there's resistance to the idea. Register the users that frequent the chat rooms. Seems that Chat Avenue is only interested in huge numbers of guests on the site. The hit and runners,the flooders,the creeps won't bother coming back if they have to join the site but then the numbers visiting the rooms would fall. I wonder why the quality of the chat rooms is being ignored in favor of sheer numbers?

True But There Are Also Alot Of Ppl Who Arent Guests That come Here.

Speechless

Default Banned without reason

Quote Originally Posted by Creed101 View Post
    True But There Are Also Alot Of Ppl Who Arent Guests That come Here.

i am in this room more than one years, looked practices of banned without any reason are going on by 2/3 MODs in regular basis one of them is Bruce to day i just entered in VC with my Twiter Id as member color, after 9/10 second even i have not entered a single msg, not up my cam he Blocked me without any reason. my fault one day before he was in others site chat room as VIP i say hello u r that bruce in CA. to day he look me in his hand & block me in personal reason.

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calichic View Post
    For starters…. NO ONE really knows how old anyone is online. Another thing, everyone is an “it”, unless you know the person personally, how do you really know if it’s male or female.

Moderators can’t read minds (thank God), unless a chatter has 12 F Poland as their nick, (the obvious under age) We don’t know for sure anyone’s age. Unless we ask. In adult chat where there’s 300-400 chatters removing the real idiots is more important than going through the list and asking everyone for their age. (Don’t forget you can lie about this)

This is the internet. Having codes and questions you think adults can answer…. Uh nvm, I will hold my thought there.

My s***estion to you is if you are in the room to chat, than chat. If you are here looking for love, wrong place dude or dudette, you will be mislead.

This Site as with any site on the internet, no one really knows what they are dealing with.
    Exactly, D. And, I think it was Cherrypie that wisely brought out all the time and cost measures involved are just too much trouble.

Realm King

Stop making these types of threads, its giving me a headache.

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

I did the moral thing and directly PM'd two or three of those under-18 chatters and asked them to leave the chat room. Suddenly, one of your mods blocks me. The angering part is that he/she assumed I was doing something wrong while in fact the mods are deliberately exposing young people to online threats by refusing to remove them from 18+ chat rooms. I have two questions.Pp

Thank you,

L DiMera
    So.......let me get this straight(no pun intended)..You went into Gay Chat ..and..... pretended to be Gay? You"ll def need help with that one. Good luck!

Default Rude moderator much?

Thank you,

L DiMera
    I am going to agree that it's not easy to regulate who goes into these chats. And personally, I'm okay with that. It is what lets the chat room be an interesting place. But this situation could have been handled SO much better by a moderator. Today I got banned and I don't even know why, and I'm fairly familliar with general rules and courtesies. How about this: moderators, PM someone before banning and find out the real story. If that sounds like too much effort, you're probably a mod for the wrong reason. How they treated DiMera is incredibly rude and a loss to the community, and nobody gets away with managing things in the real world in this random and unhelpful fashion. It comes down to a lack of courtesy and perhaps a speck of power-tripping. (This is a general statement about poor use of authority, not an ad hominem against any individual moderator.)

Senior Newbie
    Blog Entries

In chats you don't really know what you're going to get. People are going to go in there whether or not they are 18+. Anybody can lie about their age or ANYthing in this case. Unless they obviously have their a/s/l or whatever in their nick.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to y'all

Quote Originally Posted by JMagnum View Post
    . How about this: moderators, PM someone before banning and find out the real story. If that sounds like too much effort, you're probably a mod for the wrong reason. How they treated DiMera is incredibly rude and a loss to the community, and nobody gets away with managing things in the real world in this random and unhelpful fashion. It comes down to a lack of courtesy and perhaps a speck of power-tripping. (This is a general statement about poor use of authority, not an ad hominem against any individual moderator.)
    First off there are no "real" stories on the internet unless you got Screen shots to back up what you say. Anyone can say anything.

Secondly, This isnt the real world. Courtesy is given when courtesy is received. Just as respect.

<3 June 29, 2013 <3

Thank you,

L DiMera
    ehh...im sorryy...but im SURE that many underage persons visited many "18+" sites...you cant really do anything about it to prevent them from going in...i went into adult chat when i was 16...NO BIG DEAL!

Singles Chat Mod

Ok so hears the deal...
    Yes mods remove underagers if we aware they are underage but...
    People do lie therefore its impossible to be 100% sure there is no underagers in room!!

As for asking a question to make sure your 18 lmaoo have you not heard of google
    type the question in to google and oh what do you know the correct answer...
    So therefore that idea would not work

Hope this has helped

xXx

Judge Me
    & I'll Prove You Wrong..
    Tell Me What To Do
    & I'll Tell You Off...
    Say Am Not Worth It & Watch Where I End Up...
    Call Me A Bitch & I'll Show You One...
    Feck Me Over & I'll Do It To You Twice As Bad...
    Call Me Crazy
    But You Really Have No Idea !

xXx

Not even a newbie yet...

The rooms and there staff do there best. ok you should not have been banned for nothing and I'm sure the admin's would deal with that if you was banned without warning. Age has always been a problem in all the rooms as far back as i can remember but the mods and admin do there best to deal with it if and when they see it.

I for one know the rooms can be really stressful at times and have always said if a room and the chatters get to you as staff step away and then come back don't let the members see there getting to you it has a login and out button you can use it at any time
    As for your ban your should only be banned for 24hrs anyway unless your under age but then again the admins do not know what your banned for as they do not keep mods logs on this site so unless the mods have took note of why you was banned and put you in a list of 100's if not 1000's of permanent bans then you should get back in that room again..if you know of a chatter that's under age you should pm a staff member and ask them to deal with the member in a nice and calm manner, A good mod or admin should thank you for your help and deal with it right away.