Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for Video and Audio Flash Chat Users
The questions here are more technical in nature. Please refer to the chat room footer for more details rules and regulations.
- For the best speed and compatibility with the chat client, we recommend you download the latest version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- AOL users:It may be necessary to access the chat rooms from an external browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox, rather than the built in AOL web browser.
- Downloading Internet Explorer:Go to Microsoft for the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Downloading the latest FLASH:The old chat used Java, now these new flash chat rooms are a combination of Flash and Java. The end users will require Flash in order to participate. If you do not have flash a link should show up in the chat room box where you can download the latest version. Otherwise you can try the searching Google for the latest Adobe Flash Player compatible with your browser or clicking this link:
A) Installation of Macromedia Flash Player may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
B) Click the Install Now button that will automatically download and install the Flash Player into Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox. You will not have to install the Toolbar option for it to work. Simply uncheck the box to disallow installation of that toolbar onto your computer.
C) Depending on the security settings set in your browser, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the ActiveX control.
D) When the installation is complete, you will see the Flash Player logo and text.
This will occur due to some browser security restrictions preventing Flash from launching. It is an easy fix. Simply find out which browser you are using and follow the instructions set forth:
1) Open Safari, and select Safari > Preferences
3) Select Adobe Flash Player on the left side.
4) Under the "Allow websites to use this plug-in with the settings below:" make sure chat-avenue.com is selected as ON. Click "Done".
You may also be prompted if you want to use Flash. Click the flash player button first and on the second prompt, click "Use Every Time"
1) Go to Tools, and select Add-ons
2) In the list of Add-ons, try to find "Shockwave Flash" and make sure you change the settings to "Always Activate".
1) In the address bar at the top, type chrome:plugins to open the Plug-ins menu
2) Find the Adobe Flash Player option and make sure to "Enable" it.
3) Click the "Always allowed to run" box
1) Click on the Tools menu in the upper right hand corner of Internet Explorer and then select "Manage add-ons"
2) Choose the "Shockwave Flash Object" and make sure you enable that. Close the window
1) Click on the "..." in the upper right hand corner of Internet Explorer Edge menu.
2) Click Settings
3) Scroll all the way down to Advanced Settings and click "View advanced settings"
4) Find "Use Adobe Flash Player" and make sure you toggle the switch to ON in order to enable it. Refresh the entire browser.
No, you can participate as a "Guest" user. If you are a frequent visitor to our chat rooms, you may wish to register your particular user name.
This allows you to keep the same identity on the forums ONLY. The names on the forums cannot be used to log into the chat rooms. Go the the #1 Chat Avenue Forums to sign up your username. UPDATE: In the future we may have the forums usernames integrated with the flash chatrooms.
There is no need to logout but you may click the Logout or Exit buttons inside the chat room. Please note that some rooms have an auto-boot feature whereby if you stay idle for a certain length of time without any actions, you will be disconnected.
After connecting to the video chat, you can type a message in the input text field near the right middle of the chat window. You can hit "enter" on keyboard or the button "send" to send the message out. Your message appears on the chat screen following your screen name. Press "new line" to start a new line.
This a security features that prevents flooding or typing long messages. Please wait a few seconds before each message. The maximum characters you can type is also limited. Simply start on a new line. Any users attempting to flood will be kicked out or banned.
If there is any repulsive chatter in the room, simply select his screen name in the user-list and click "Block" from the menu that will automatically appear on the left. Every message the chatter posts to you, whether private or public, will not appear on your screen. If you change your mind, you can select this user and click "Unblock" to disable the ignore feature. If you continued to post message to someone but got no response, you probably is ignored by him or her, that means you had better watch your behaviours and words.
You will be able to private chat with someone by clicking on their screen name and then clicking "Private chat". This will open a new window where you can chat one on one with another user without being disturbed. You can adjust the private chat window by placing your mouse over the bottom right corner and adjusting the size accordingly. To video chat privately with the other user, simple click the cam icon on the private chat window.
Simply block the user. Please see #6 for instructions.
For less severe actions, the minimum ban is 2 hours. For more severe cases, it is a lifetime ban.
In order to start broadcasting your Audio and/or Video you will need to first turn it on. To do this click on the webcam button in the top corner panel.
The first time you do this you will be asked to grant permission to use your Mic and Webcam. The dialog box will look like this,
After you grant permission the AV will start. You will be able to see your own feed in the 'Me' area.
Absolutely NOT! You will be banned and possibly reported to your Internet Service Provider if you are caught. If you do see someone on webcam nude, please report that to a moderator or administrator immediately.
Right now all of our chat rooms utilize the latest version 123FlashChat. You can access them from the main page.
Try to clear your browser cache and refresh the page. If that does not work you can temporarily try to use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Simply click the wrench icon in the top right corner and select "Turn Off Sounds".
We encourage our users to participate in the chat. Those that are just idling around watching will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you do not want to speak that is fine, but try to do some action such as checking out a users profile or simply moving your mouse around.
This may be due to the resolution (or screen size) of your desktop computer. If it is set too low the website automatically detects that as a smaller device, and will show the mobile version of the website instead of the desktop version. To resolve this problem, simply turn up the resolution on your computer screen or use a larger screen.
No, we do not. We do have some exceptions but those come with a lot of paperwork. Therefore, we suggest you to not use any sort of Proxy and VPN service to hide your real IP address.
Send an email to SUPPORT to ask your question. If it is asked enough, it will be added to this page.